Digital Citizen Plus
What is Digital Citizen-Plus?
Digital citizen plus provides an introduction to some of the topics covered in the most popular icdl modules-computer essentials, online essentials, word processing and spreadsheets.it introduces some of the essential concepts and skills relating to effective computer use, basic desktop, management, creating and editing documents and spreadsheets, searching the web and sending emails.
Digital Citizen Plus is specially developed as an introduction to the ICDL Base Modules, to cater for candidates who have very little experience of computers and the Internet. Digital Citizen Plus helps to remove the fear of using a computer for beginners by using a simple, non-threatening approach to educating individuals in the basic skills of using a computer, email and the internet.
The syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this programme, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organizations.
Digital Citizen Plus is designed for beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age, ability or understanding. There are many people who have very little exposure to computers or the Internet. Many of these people would like to build on what they know already, but need a stepping stone to the ICDL Base Modules. If that sounds like someone you know, Digital Citizen Plus is the programme for them to build their confidence level, before progressing on their path to achieving digital literacy.
On completion the candidate will be able to:
- Identify health, environment and security considerations when using computers
- Manage desktop settings, files and folders
- Create, save, edit and format a word processing document
- Create, save, edit and format a spreadsheet document
- Search for information on the web, create and edit bookmarks
- Create and send e-mails
- Understand computer concepts around hardware and software
Benefits of this module
- Covers some of the essential knowledge and skills that make up the internationally-recognized ICDL computer essentials, online essentials, word processing, and spreadsheets modules.
- Allows candidates to transition more easily to these modules.
- Allows for skills and knowledge to be developed in a supported training environment leading to certification following completion of a workbook and a straightforward assignment.