MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE
Empowering Students and Educators
Microsoft technology associate measures the mastery of core concepts in software development and information technology
It also supports learning in computer science and IT infrastructure
Digital Citizen is designed for complete beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age, ability or understanding. There are many people who have never switched on a computer and are only vaguely aware of the Internet and its uses. Many of these people would like to know more about computers and the internet but may feel that it’s too complicated or that it’s too late for them to learn. If that sounds like someone you know, Digital Citizen is the programme for them to overcome their fears and get started with computers.
The syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this programme, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organizations.
On completion the candidate will be able to:
- Identify different types of computers as well as their main components and be able to log on to a computer and understand the basic function of a mouse and keyboard
- Understand and use common desktop icons and the task-bar and be able to shut down a computer
- Identify the main parts of a window, work with windows and identify the main types of storage media and programme applications
- Create, format, save and print a document
- Identify files and folders and recognize common file types
- Understand the internet, the world wide web and the importance of evaluating information on the world wide web
- Use a web browser and a search engine to navigate the web
- Identify common online services and complete a web based form
- Understand the structure of an email address and be able to create, send and receive email and understand the security risks involved
- Understands concepts relating to social networking, instant messaging and VoIP.
Benefits of this module
- Provides a fun informal and uncomplicated introduction to computers the web and online services for complete beginners
- Designed to build confidence and provide a basis to encourage further exploration and development of digital skills
- Developed with input from computer users subject matter experts and practicing computer professionals from all over the world